Saturday, February 26, 2011

In the Beginning

Eureka! 
I've taken the first step!
It may never be completed... but today, Saturday, the 26th of February in the year 2011,  I have officially begun my Mame project by purchasing 2 sheets of 3/4" MDF.

These will be cut according to the pattern shown below to make the cabinet.
 Check out Jeffs Ultimate Mame Cabinet Project   page for more details

For those not familiar with M.A.M.E. it stands for 
Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator




Having spent many a "gwater" in my youth at the local pool hall playing arcade games, this is an exciting day for me.
Asteroids, Space Invaders, Pacman, Missle Command, Defender, Battlezone, Tempest, the list goes on...

When complete all these titles and many more will be housed in one arcade style cabinet for authentic game play , and will make a great addition to the game room/man cave which at present contains only two pinball machines, a broken down foosball table, and not much else.



I had once considered purchasing an arcade legends or someone else's mame creation off of craigslist, but what fun would that be. Where was the challenge? The sense of pride and accomplishment?  

Well folks, I'm hoping to find that here, and welcome you to share in my experience. Wish me luck!





No comments:

Post a Comment